Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ah, Change.

Olive and I arrived in Houston on Monday.

We've run many errands.

We are trying to get Olive back into her routine here, but she is resisting. Change is hard, and she fights sleep with both hands (literally and even when she's being rocked and cuddled). Eventually, she gives in, she relaxes, and we put her quietly in her crib with Pink Bear to snuggle. She whispers him secrets and finally finds dreamland. (No, we don't know why Pink Bear is a boy. He just is.)

It is trying.

But, when I think about it, I am having trouble sleeping too. My mind races through the lists and lists of things that need to be done to the house in St. Louis and that will need to be done once we've closed on our house here.

It is both a blessing and a curse to be here - where I cannot help with the St. Louis house and where I cannot yet work on the new house. It forces me to be still (as still as I can be while caring for Olive and running errands around town!). Hopefully, my mind will follow suit soon.

Kyle and his dad arrive this weekend. I am very much looking forward to Kyle joining us here.

- H

No comments:

Post a Comment