Saturday, February 12, 2011

Rough.

Now.  There are a lot of people out there who have life a lot rougher than us.  I mean seriously rough.

But, my week was rough. I caught a cold (technically an upper-respiratory infection, but isn't that just fancy for cold?), and it knocked me out.  (See, totally rough!) Most of the week I did not leave the house.  And, Kyle was in the 'Lou for work which made it even more of a challenge to not leave the house.

I did eventually drag myself to the doctor, who prescribed some meds, but I am still dragging.

Now I am only moderately miserable while standing or sitting, but when I try to sleep ... well, then the snot comes flooding into my head making it tres difficult to, well, breathe.  I do not know from whence all of this snot comes ... but there are a lot of things that I would do right now for a good night's sleep.

I think the cold may have won.



(Oh and, last night I was singing the praises of Vick - he of the Vap-O-Rub.  And from 11 p to 1a, he was my hero.  Then 130a came - and the snot came flooding back.)

(Also, is it possible that all of this sinus pressure is exacerbating a latent tooth ache?  Miserable, I tell you.)

(I can't write a whole post Negative Nelly style.  It is a gorgeous day here in Houston.  I mean, frolic in the park with your children and dogs gorgeous.  If only I could breathe ...)

No comments:

Post a Comment