Monday, December 19, 2011

Our time.

In my attempts to calm down and enjoy the Christmas part of this holiday season, I have neglected this little blog (yawn, once again ... I know!!).  Still, we have had some fun times recently.

Earlier this month, Kyle participated (with his new firm) in the local AIA chapter's annual gingerbread house building competition.  Olive and I tagged along for some of the fun.

So the pro's came up with all sorts of cool things.  They (and several architects including Kyle's boss) were featured in this local news short:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=8468802

Kyle's firm did an upside-down version of the Rothko Chapel.  A lovely local spot situated on the grounds of the Menil Collection.



Olive and I, well, we opted for non-professional and candy-laden. 



She and I checked out the competition, while Kyle and his friends worked away diligently, but the Little Miss and I headed out before the offerings started to look like much of anything.  (Drat nap time!)




Still.  It was a gorgeous day, and we really enjoyed the time outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment