Thursday, January 26, 2012

Growing up.

I know you can tell from the photos, but our little baby is growing up.

Sometimes I catch a glimpse of her in the backseat, and I tear up.  Sometimes she says something that makes me marvel at all that is going on in her little head, and I tear up.

(Sometime she is naughty and drives me a little bit crazy.  I don't tear up then.)

Recently, we transformed Olive's bed from a crib to a toddler bed.  I know a lot of people do this way earlier than 2.5-ish.  But, because she never tried to climb out of her crib, it didn't seem like a safety risk ... and we didn't want to push it before she was (er, we were) ready.

So far, it has gone smashingly.  And I can say those words aloud because it has been long enough that we believe she is used to it.  She likes climbing in and out by herself.  She likes having a pillow, and she loves being 'tucked in' with the blanket my Gramma Headley crocheted, which makes me weepy all over again.

We are still inching towards potty training.  And, don't get me started on how I was too much of a wimp to try changing Olive's bed and eliminating her night-time binky at the same time.  Before too long ...

No comments:

Post a Comment