Sunday, May 31, 2009

How much is worth it to you?

This weekend, like so many before it, flew by. We got lots done - the closet in the baby's room is no more (woo hoo for Kyle, my one man demolition team!!) and we attended an eight hour childbirth class yesterday.

Kyle and I moved all around the house this afternoon while he demo'd the closet and I cleaned the house. As a result, Zoe was sometimes not as well attended as perhaps she should have been.

Over the past couple weeks, Kyle has spent some time most evenings rolling coins. I am always amazed how quickly those little disks can add up. Well, pennies do add up very very slowly ...

Midway through the afternoon, I realized that Zoe had been missing for a few minutes. I searched upstairs before heading downstairs. Before I got to the bottom of the stairs, I saw Zoe, reclined amidst several piles of coins! Now, our dear puppy has an unexplained affinity for paper. I would not have been shocked to find her eating the empty paper rolls, but no! Our little one picked up a roll, ate off the wrapper and scattered the coins ... over and over and over (and over and over and over) again ...

It was all I could do to not laugh out loud. But I did say loudly to Zoe, "Your Daddy is NOT going to be happy with you!" Of course, Kyle heard and started downstairs. When he saw the mess Zoe made, he almost fell down the stairs laughing!!

Now, we picked up all of the coins and the remains of a few shredded wrappers. Unfortunately, we are not certain whether Miss Zoe ingested any coins ... and to be frank, I'm not frugal enough to comb through puppy poop to find out.

- H

No comments:

Post a Comment