Thursday, May 21, 2009

Update

Yesterday, I went to the Dr. for my bi-weekly appointment. Not much to report, the Dr. thinks my weight in on target (although I'm way closer to moving that next 'big weight' on their scale which is very hard to stomach). My belly is measuring 30 cm, which is apparently in line for our 30th week of pregnancy. My blood pressure is 'good' (never can remember those numbers, or to be honest their meaning, but she said good).

For now, these appointments are fairly mundane - no ultrasound, no fancy pictures or bloodtests - but she does amplify the baby's heartbeat each time, which is fun to hear. I have been surprised to notice the type of noise change over our pregnancy. It originally sounded like a woosh-woosh rather than the typical ga-gunk-ga-gunk. (Gotta love onomotopeoia!) Now - it sounds much more like the ga-gunk of a 'regular' heart beat.

That's about it for now. My work is going well, and Kyle is sprinting toward his next work deadline. We will both be glad to have that one behind us!

- H

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update! We watch your blog with much anticipation -- and would LOVE to see some photos of your belly... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In pregnancy #2 I've adopted a new strategy where I close my eyes and ask them not to tell me the weight when I get there. You need to think really loud thoughts while they're shifting the levers around so you don't imagine that they're having to move too many!

    ReplyDelete