Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving.

At Thanksgiving, we eat, we drink, we laugh, we love, and some of us watch football. 

We also look back and around and forward to see where we've been, where we are, and where we are going. 

We can all find things to pick: the frustrations, the failures, the hopes dashed, and the faces missing from the table. 

But, when I shift my gaze, the negative things fade and I see how much there is to be thankful for.

I am thankful to live in the U.S. 

Thankful to agree or disagree with my government, and thankful to say something about it or to be silent.

Thankful for a roof over my head and a soft pillow under it.

Thankful to be surrounded - near and far - by family and friends.

Thankful for family who want the best for me. For kind and encouraging words - of praise and correction.

Thankful for friends I see every day, and thankful for those I don't see often enough.

Thankful for Kyle and Olive.  For time spent laughing and crying with them and for them.

Thankful for years spent with and wisdom learned from those who are Home.

Thankful for work and for learning new things.

Thankful for tails that wag and whiskers that dance.

Thankful to see the rainbow after the rain.  Thankful for rain. Thankful for sun. 

Thankful for prayers.  Thankful for grace.  Thankful for forgiveness.

Thankful for love.

Thankful for life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful for you, my sweet niece. I'm thankful for the spirit of God displayed in you as you write. You are truly gifted.
    Love you,

    ReplyDelete