Friday, August 5, 2011

Funerals.

This blog is largely about the positive things going on in our lives, because (1) I don't want it to be a total downer (for me or for you), and (2) difficult times change us, but I don't want the difficulty to define us.  I prefer to focus on the many blessings we have been given.

Earlier this year we said goodbye to two people we loved:  Kyle's Uncle Mart and his Grandma Thiel.  At that time, it didn't feel right to mention their passing here.  But, this past week or so we experienced - and I wrote about - two more deaths in the family.  (One on my side and one on Kyle's.)  And, this time, I needed to say something.  I am not sure what was different.

I am not good at goodbyes, even goodbyes for now.  But, I know that each of these people left a Legacy.  They shaped us and made us who we are today.  They taught us about Love and Life, and for that we will always be thankful.

1 comment:

  1. My dear niece, I have really enjoyed your posts of late. You have a delicate way of wording the harder issues of life. I thank you for your sweetness and tenderness that show up in your writings as well as your discernment of life. You are blessed with a gift of words.
    Love you,
    Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete