Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Woo. Hoo. Library.

Our neighborhood library is new.  Well, we are new to the neighborhood, and I understand that there has been a library in this spot before.  But.  When we moved in, the library was closed and under construction.

The new building is finally finished, and it is beautiful!  They hung the "NOW OPEN" sign earlier this summer, and Olive and I strolled over one Saturday morning.  No. Such. Luck.  The library was closed on Saturdays.

(Yes, I could have Googled first, but it was a nice - though sweaty - walk.)

I know many people enjoy weekday library jaunts, but we are a two-working-parent family.  Weekday library time doesn't work for us.

HOWEVER.  I just learned that the library will now be closed on Mondays but open on Saturdays!  Now we CAN explore the library, and check out books instead of shelling out clams for them.  I appreciate this is, for many, a dry, mundane change of events. 

Still.  I am super excited! 

1 comment:

  1. Heather - thanks for your comment on my blog. Are you on Facebook? I would love to be friends and keep up with our little ones. I had no idea you had a blog - I'll have to read through it tonight :) Hope you are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete